Miss Mélange
Miss Mélange

Latest posts by Miss Mélange (see all)

RZ7A5785 I can’t tell you how excited I am to post these today. We haven’t even put the photos up on Facebook, and our families are the only ones who have seen them. Needless to say, it’s time! Our wedding was one of the best days of our lives. We got married at my grandparents house in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the middle of a redwood grove. My parents got married there almost 35 years ago, and then my brother and Katherine got married there close to 6 years ago. My grandparents have lived on that property since my mom was a little girl (for 44 years) and I grew up running around through the fields and playing at the creek. In the groomsmen photos the guys are even standing in front of my grandpa’s barn where I spent hours hanging out with him while he worked. It’s a truly special and magical place.

We then moved down to Kirby’s mom’s house (Kirby and I both grew up in Santa Cruz and met in high school) which is down near the ocean and next to a lagoon. Kirby grew up in that house, and it was the perfect place to hold an intimate party for all our closest family and friends. We did everything for the wedding with help from family and friends. The only things we outsourced were rentals and photography. Everything else we did on our own. Katherine did the flowers (which were one of my favorite parts), I bought a cheap dress on sale and had it completely remade, Kirby and I handpicked every piece that the groomsmen wore, we chose all our music, my Dad played some songs that were special to us, and I designed and made all of the invitations, favors, table numbers and anything else that was there. It was a huge collaborative effort, and we couldn’t have been more pleased with how it all came out. It represented Kirby and I perfectly, and it was a perfect way to start our lives out as husband and wife.

We’re launching Wedding Wednesdays, starting today, where we give you all sorts of advice on things from how to make your own cake topper to how to throw an epic bachelorette party. I didn’t post a lot of detail photos from wedding because those are coming in later posts. I can’t wait for you to see our photos, so without further ado… Our Wedding: 07-20-2013 RZ7A5536 RZ7A5729 RZ7A5598 RZ7A5661 RZ7A5916 RZ7A5997 Walking down RZ7A6217 RZ7A6330 Little RZ7A6262 RZ7A6378 RZ7A6627 RZ7A6587 RZ7A6797 RZ7A6819 RZ7A6923 RZ7A7188 RZ7A7109 IMG_1810 RZ7A7397 RZ7A7478 RZ7A7710 RZ7A8038 RZ7A7938 RZ7A8078 Click through the gallery to see more. Photography by our amazing and wonderful photographers, Aim & Arrow

8 Comments on Emily & Kirby’s Wedding

1. Emma
    March 26, 2014 at 8:43 am (4 years ago)

Such a beautiful wedding!! I love the color of the guys’ tuxes and the girls’ dresses. And the baby’s breath boquets are so simple but sweet! And the photographer did an amazing job of capturing the day!

• Emily
      March 26, 2014 at 11:29 am (4 years ago)

Thank you so much, Emma! You’re so sweet to say all those things! We worked really hard on the colors, I didn’t really want to have set ‘colors’ as much as I wanted it to feel summery and bright. Thankfully my amazing sister-in-law Katherine did all the flowers, and she completely blew me away. She totally got my vision! Thanks so much for stopping by and reading!

2. Nina
    March 26, 2014 at 3:03 pm (4 years ago)

gorgeous. love the photography. love their invites and save the dates.

• Emily
      March 26, 2014 at 4:11 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks so much Nina! Next week I’m doing a post about the invites and save the dates! Stay tuned :)

3. Kate @ The Kate Keeper
    March 27, 2014 at 4:39 pm (4 years ago)

You are stunning, Emily. That dress. Your hair. Everything. It seems like it was the best day ever, and to top it off, your photos are gorgeous! I just think it’s the cutest thing that you married Kirby. I’m sure you guys do too! Okay, before I go, I just have to say one more time: that dress! The straps! I want to wear that dress every day.

• Emily
      March 27, 2014 at 7:39 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much Kate! This means a lot to me because I worked so so SO hard on my dress to make it what I had always imagined it to be! I can’t tell you how many fittings I had with my seamstress and asking her to just tweak oneeee more thing. Haha I probably drove her crazy but it was worth it! I want to wear it everyday too! Why isn’t that socially acceptable? Thanks again, lady!

4. Mary@TwoHappyLambs
    March 28, 2014 at 3:04 pm (3 years ago)

Best day ever. It was so beautiful, I will never forget it, and you guys have such a sweet group of friends and family, I liked everyone there. I remember chatting up your cousin Noel and wishing we were best friends. It’s because you guys are so nice, too.

• Emily
      March 31, 2014 at 8:57 am (3 years ago)

Aww thank you so much, Mary. It meant so much to have you there! It was so much fun to see all of our favorite people having so much fun together! It was the perfect day :)