Since I started my new full time job at a software company, I’ve been trying to step up my game when it comes to my weekday wardrobe. Since I don’t have to walk or bike during my commute anymore, I can wear heels every day and dress up. It’s a big change from being unemployed, where getting dressed was completely optional and sometimes no one would see my outfits that I took 20 minutes to decide on (except maybe you guys!).

Now I have a good routine down, although I still need some key staples for my work wardrobe. Namely:

– more pencil skirts

– dresses

– a black blazer

– more work heels

– blouses

– more patterns!

It will take me a while to develop my professional look, but I feel like I’m starting to know what I like. It helps that my work is very relaxed when it comes to the dress code.

I wanted to share some of my outfits to hopefully inspire some ideas for you guys – I know I constantly need new ideas for what to wear to work!

stylepost1 draft draft2 (1) stylepost6 draft3

draft4

What are your go-to work wardrobe staples?

<3 Steph

6 Comments on Weekday Runway

1. Kelsey @aslolife
    July 22, 2014 at 10:58 am (3 years ago)

It looks like you’re off to a great start! It took me forever to create a good work wardrobe, especially since being a (youngish) teacher, I feel like I need to look even more professional to have more authority. My go-tos are definitely my pencil skirts and blazers–they are so versatile and get a ton of use in my wardrobe. My other favorites are my trouser jeans and low wedges that allow for a bit of height while still being to walk comfortably.

• Stephanie
      July 22, 2014 at 11:10 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Kelsey! Trouser jeans sound like a great addition to my closet…. Where did you get yours?

2. Julie Khuu (@HauteKhuuture)
    July 22, 2014 at 5:18 pm (3 years ago)

Since I’m in the design field, I love that I can pretty much wear anything and have it work for the creative industry…my fave go-to’s are easily a bold pant and silky blouse, perfect for meeting clients or running errands. Those minty trousers are perfection, my FAVE color for summer bar none!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

• Stephanie
      July 23, 2014 at 1:07 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Julie!I definitely need more interesting blouses – I was telling Emily today that I only have plain color pieces it seems like! I love those mint pants too- I got them at a thrift store and they are so comfortable!

3. Stephanie Albro
    July 23, 2014 at 5:33 am (3 years ago)

Love your style! – and your name ;)
    Where did you get that white long sleeve shirt? Love!
    Also love the turquoise capris…I need to venture out in my pants style – black leggings and jeggings just aren’t gonna cut it anymore lol
    Thanks for sharing!

• Stephanie
      July 23, 2014 at 1:12 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Stephanie! I just checked out your blog and I love it! I got that shirt at a second-hand store booth at the Earth Day festival in Santa Barbara. I actually told everyone I would show them what I bought when I did a post about it and never did! Thanks for reminding me haha. Here’s the post in case you want to check it out: http://msmelange.com/2014/04/28/earth-day-in-santa-barbara/
      By the way, black leggings are everything. I am mourning mine currently because they are now see-through. Just a little more junk in the trunk and I have to get new leggings? Not fair.
      Can’t wait to read to explore more of your blog!